CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 19, 2012

You Should Never Stop...Writing in a Diary


Every January when it’s time to sit down and decide on my new year’s resolutions, it seems like the one thing I really want to get better at is writing in my diary more often. As I get older I realize that I have less time to devote to journal writing but I know that in 20 years I will wish that I had memories to look back on. From Anne Frank to Bridget Jones, we have all seen the significance it can have on people who remain dedicated to it. The good and bad moments in our lives will always be a part of us and by writing in a diary, we are creating the opportunity to put those experiences into perspective and grow from them.

Eyeopening.xomba.com gives five reasons why writing in a diary is a good thing:

1.      It can help you stay organized.
2.      It can make you more disciplined.
3.      It’s a stress reliever.
4.      It’s a way to keep memories alive.
5.      It can make you better writer.

Admittedly, I have my own challenges to find time to write in my diary but most consistent journal writers will testify that taking 20 minutes a day to record the day’s experiences is more than worth it!  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment