CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You Should Never Stop...Giving Compliments

“Words can be very powerful. Why not use them to lift 
somebody up today rather than knock them down.” 

These words are true and should be remembered every day. As much as we all wish we could deny, compliments make us feel good about ourselves, which boosts are self-confidence and motivates us to be better people. Okay, I know that was probably reading way too much into a simple compliment, but am I not right in a roundabout way?! If one simple gesture is all it takes to turn someone’s day around and put a smile on their face, why don’t we all do it more often?

I once received an anonymous email that listed nice things about me. I was truly inspired by this person’s actions of going out of their way to be genuinely kind and not expect any recognition for it. I know it is easy to get caught up in life and worry too much about our own appearance, performance, or personality, but if we focused more energy on lifting others up, we wouldn’t have to try so hard to feel good about ourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment